Christmas Eve is one week away. I am happy to report that all regional tracking centers in all sectors are now operational.
We are now ready to move into our next steps in tracking Santa for Santa. Here is the schedule you need to be aware of:
- FRIDAY – 12/18/20 – Elf Supervisors begin instructing trackers in each sector. While we will still be publishing general news of Santa tracking you will want to look for posts coming from YOUR elf supervisor. The instructions for trackers will be different in each sector, due to a variety of factors. You will be given the means to contact your supervisor but for the most part you should count on making and reading comments below each of their posts. That way all trackers in that sector can share in the information.
- FRIDAY THRU MONDAY – 12/18 TO 12/21 – Passive alert status for all trackers. You are free during this period to submit a report of any kind. Your elf supervisor MAY request certain reports during this period. Please get good rest during this time frame. We need you alert and able to perform your elf duties in the days following. Do NOT work beyond normal hours during this time frame.
- TUESDAY – 12/22/20 – World Wide Tracker Elf Check-in Begins. Please keep an eye out for a post from your elf supervisor requesting execution of the check-in protocol. This is designed by each elf supervisor based on the reporting needs for the sector. Follow their instructions. The check in process tells the North Pole you are on the job and can be contacted for special missions, should Santa require them.
- WEDNESDAY – 12/23/20 – TRACKING SANTA – Active alert status, to be announced by sector. Please be aware that this is an active tracking day — in fact it could be THE MOST ACTIVE reporting day of the season. While it may be December 23rd where you are it will be December 24th in other places. This is the day Santa launches. You will need to be on duty for as much of this day as you can be. You will be actively reporting on this day.
- THURSDAY – 12/24/20 – TRACKING SANTA – Active alert status. Watch for report requests. This is another active tracking day. Check in frequently for updates from your elf supervisor.
- FRIDAY – 12/25/20 – TRACKING SANTA – post flight reporting, if necessary. Merry Christmas.
Please ask any questions you might have in the comments below. Also, please watch the chat calendar at the North Pole Chat room, your elf supervisor might want to schedule a sector chat if there are too many questions.