Hello, Trackers – Crash here.
I wanted to give you an update on some things and to provide some instruction of things we can be doing between now and Thanksgiving.
1. Elf Chat with Santa – the chat with Santa and I will be held Saturday at 11am EST in Elf Chat at SantaTrackers.net. It is important that you remember what this chat is for: it’s for elf business. It’s for tracking Santa for Santa. It’s NOT for asking Santa for things for Christmas or about his favorite cookies or about why you didn’t get what you wanted for Christmas. We need to all be ready to talk about our jobs as elves, what Santa needs for his flight and exactly what is most important about Tracking Santa for Santa this year. That being said, I don’t want you to be shy in asking questions. But ask about stuff in your elf life, not your normal life.
2. Roof Reports – We’ve talked about this before but I just wanted to remind you. One of our most basic tracker reports is the roof report. Elf Roger at North Pole Flight Command tells us the time in getting short and we need to get these in as soon as possible. Report on roofs that you can see all around you. Only do it from the ground. Take pictures if you can. Be as thorough as possible. Be prepared if someone from North Pole Flight Command contacts you to ask questions.
3. Account Activity – Elf Moe and team are doing a great job making sure only North Pole Elves are on SantaTrackers.net community features such as the Elf Wall. They’ve got a mandate from Santa. If you’re new, get your profile and Elf name in line. There are lots of elves around to help you. Inactive accounts are getting deleted all the time. By this point in the year you should be logging in at least once a week, if not more. If you don’t your account could be deleted.
4. City Captains – I am pleased to announce a new process for those wanting to be a City Captain. To be a City Captain all you will need to do going forward is to claim it for the city or town you live in. Elf Sandy will soon be posting a new form that will allow you to do it. Elf Resources will check to make sure nobody else has already claimed it, but this move should more or less clear up the log jam for this elf job.
5. Other Elf Jobs – we want to fill the Country and State/Province Representative positions right away. Please apply if interested.
Between now and Thanksgiving there may not be a lot of instruction coming from me or the Supes. That’s by design. After Thanksgiving is a different story.
Please check in often, elves.